A Trademark(Brand Name ) is a visual symbol which may be a word, signature, name, logo, label, numerals or combination of colours used by one undertaking on goods or services to distinguish it from other similar goods and services of different undertaking.
- Trademark Search
First step is to do Trademark search to verify whether proposed brand name/logo/label is available for applying or not. This is important for determining whether another business is already using that identical or similar name/symbol you want to use.
- Trademark Application Filing
It is the second step of Trademark registration in which the application for Trademark registration can be filed with the Intellectual Property Government Office. The application must be in the prescribed manner and filed along with the fees for Trademark registration.
Trademark application can be filled at one of the five Trademark Offices having jurisdiction over the state. After this step you can use “TM” with your brand names.
- Application Processed by the Intellectual Property government Office
After the application is filed , government trademark examiners will check and approve your application. Once approved your Trademark is registered and you can start using “R” symbol.
Benefits of Trademark:-
- Identifies goods and services .
- Advertises goods and services.
- Creates an image for goods and services and protect the goodwill.
- Able to stop other traders from unlawfully using particular trademark.